Subject: Problem with lenny guest
From:Jean-François Leroux <leroux.jeanfrancois@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 00:39:40 +0200

Hi,

when building a lenny guest inside a gentoo host, I get this, when
starting the vserver :

/etc/init.d/rc: line 74: /etc/default/rcS: No such file or directory
error: '/etc/init.d/rc' exited outside the expected code flow.

This is with vserver 2.2.0.7 and the command is vserver $NAME build -m
debootstrap --force --hostname $NAME.$DOMAIN --context $CONTEXT
--interface $IFACE:$IP/$CIDR  -- -d lenny -- --arch i386 --verbose

All variables are defined before, of course.

'tree /etc/rc*' inside the vs directory shows nothing, not a single
service loaded. I have tried to link rc.local to rc3.d but with no
success.

Do you have an idea of what's going on? I used to create etch vservers
without any problem...

Thanks for any help !