Subject: upnp server on guest system
From: Dready <thomas.subera@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 10:22:00 +0200

Hi there,

i have troubles with upnp servers in a vserver system. I am using
debian stable with the kernel: "2.6.26-2-vserver-686" and created a
new vserver called media01. I tried mediatomb an fuppes, whoch worked
fine and i am also able to configure them and so on.

The Problem lies with the connectivity to other systems (for example
ps3). They don't seem to find it and i am pretty sure it's related to
multicast issues. As proposed here: http://linux-vserver.org/Multicast
i added a new interface 1 nodev with the ip 239.0.0.0 as for mediatomb
you have to add this route: (where eth1 is the device you are using,
mine is eth0)
# route add -net 239.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 eth1
# ifconfig eth1 allmulti

Did not work. I added the route on the host system (for eth0), also
not working. My default interface configuration for the vserver is:
ip: 192.168.0.41
name: v41
prefix: 16

my bcapabilities look as follows:
NET_RAW
NET_BROADCAST

What am i missing?

I tried installing mediatomb on the host system and it works fine, but
i really want to have it running in a controllable vserver
environment.

Thanx!

best regards,
Thomas Subera