Subject: oom_adj error and sshd
From: "John A. Sullivan III" <jsullivan@opensourcedevel.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:48:32 -0500

Hello, all.  I've noticed I'm getting errors about my Ubuntu guest
trying to adjust oom in /proc.  I've also found some very helpful
discussions on this posted on-line.

I could simply comment out the section of the init script which attempts
the adjustment but would it make more sense to allow the guest to adjust
oom in proc? If we are running out of memory, I'd rather sshd be one of
the last processes killed.

I also gather the guest is really not controlling memory but I assume
writing this to proc would tell the host to not kill this sshd process
on the guest.  Is that correct? Thanks - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

http://www.spiritualoutreach.com