Subject: Re: [vserver] current guests
From: "John Alberts" <john.m.alberts@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:23:04 -0500
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:23:04 -0500
You can use one of hollow's stages:
http://people.linux-vserver.org/~hollow/stages/

They are less than a year old.  Another option is to build your own stage
using the latest 2008 stage release.  I'm pretty sure there is documentation
on the vserver wiki for creating a new guest template from scratch.  You
could also try getting on #gentoo-vserver@freenode.net.  Someone on there
might know where to get a newer one.

John

--
John Alberts

You can use one of hollow's stages:
http://people.linux-vserver.org/~hollow/stages/

They are less than a year old.  Another option is to build your own stage using the latest 2008 stage release.  I'm pretty sure there is documentation on the vserver wiki for creating a new guest template from scratch.  You could also try getting on #gentoo-vserver@freenode.net.  Someone on there might know where to get a newer one.

John

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Chuck <chuck@sbbsnet.net> wrote:
where can i find a current gentoo i686 guest stage3? everything i look for is
dated 2006. not interested in applications pre-installed so not interested in
i think what is called stage4. just want a bare o/s vserver. or do i need to
install a 2006 version then go thru all the upgrade motions?

i think some time ago there was a package available that would take a current
standard stage3 and convert it to vserver. is that still around if i need to
go that route?

--

Chuck

--