Subject: vserver vlan setups on gentoo
From: Chuck <chuck@sbbsnet.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:40:12 -0400

i have this tutorial which is very informative but i would have to convert
from debian into gentoo configs

 http://siggisiggibangbang.com/linux/linux-vserver-with-vlan

is there a gentoo-specific tutorial or anything with a bit more information on
placing vservers onto a multiple vlan structure?

one question i can't find an answer for (maybe it doesn't need one?) is can
multiple vservers share the same vlan as they can share the same netblock in
normal networking (eg 6 vservers on 2 different hosts running various ips
each on xxx.xxx.39.xxx/24?
some vservers each run ip space on multiple /24 networks.

we have a very successful multiple nic/multiple network setup running but we
have a need to reduce to a single nic in each replacement/updated machine
which is driving me insane since the existing vservers use ips from 5
different networks (5 nics/5 switchports) on each host. to make matters
worse, i have little time for bench development on this and have to convert
running production machines within a matter of days :(

any guidance to in-depth documentation (gentoo vserver-related) would be
appreciated.

--

Chuck