Subject: Re: [vserver] Future of the vserver project
From: Tor Rune Skoglund <trs@swi.no>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 11:40:30 +0200

Hi,

I would also like to support both on this point. The convenience and
easy-of-use with linux-vserver vs. LXC makes it our first choice. My
company has previously supported the development with minor amounts and
would like to so again, especially if others also could help to get it
up to 4.19 or even beyond.

BR,
Tor Rune Skoglund

Den 08.07.2020 11:35, skrev thorsten.edler@gmx.de:
> Hi,
>
> I would support Christoph at this point. I experimented some times with LXC/LXD, but
I didn't find it very "handy". Sure, my problem, but in contrast to a running vserver-installation
this is not my favoured solution. I set up a vserver-installation a short time ago and
if this is running once, you have a stable and isolatded environment, that is "easy-to-use",
if you got the basics. I regularly checked the linux-vserver.org site for an update,
more recent than for "4.9.159", but OK, I'll check

> http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-4.9.217-vs2.3.9.12.diff
>
> next time. ;-)
>
> @Herbert
> I would be interested in an update too, for example for the 4.19 longterm kernel as
proposed by @Christoph. I think, this project is worth the effort to have an up-to-date
kernel-branch-support. But, if you say "and/or somebody is willing to sponsor development
for a new kernel branch", the question is, how we can realize that?! Would be crowdfunding
a possible variant? Any other ideas for that?