Subject: Re: [vserver] Concurrency issue in /proc?
From: Patrick LeBoutillier <patrick.leboutillier@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 12:33:38 -0400

 Thu, 1 Jul 2010 12:33:38 -0400
>> Don't know if that makes a difference, but I'm also using
>> Jacques' tools.
>
> would suggest to test with util-vserver (only), just to
> rule out that the issue is tool related (i.e. incomplete
> isolation or similar)

I'll try it out when I get back to the office next week.

>> Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?
>
> once we can reproduce it, we can fix it :)
>
>> I looked at the patch, but it's a bit out of my league...
>
> I tried here (to recreate the issue) with a dual core
> cpu (kernel 2.6.33.x) but couldn't reproduce ....

I ran this kernel for months on dual cores with no problems that I
noticed. But since I migrated a few servers to 8 cores (2 quads) I
started experiencing this problem. I don't know if any other vserver
users have access to similar hardware.

> It might be a good idea to update to a recent kernel
> or at least recent patch as well, just to make sure
> that you are not seeing a (mainline) issue which was
> already fixed ....

I'll try that too.

--
Patrick LeBoutillier