Subject: Re: [vserver] Vserver 2.2 patch for 2.6.25.x or newer?
From: Robert Davidson <rdavidson@obsidian.com.au>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 16:18:58 +1100

Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:
> Robert Davidson wrote:
>
>> Ultimately I'd like to get a vs2.2 series patch against 2.6.25.19, or
>> any other kernel in the 2.6.25 series.  Is there any chance of that?
>>

> Why? 2.3 has more features, is actively worked on, and really your only
> choice if you want a kernel >2.6.22. What is it about 2.2 that you so
> desperately need?

The only reason I'd prefer to stay with the 2.2 series of patches is
because they're considered to be the stable releases as opposed to the
development or experimental patches, and the server I wish to try a
newer kernel on is in a commercial production environment.

Do you think I should try patch-2.6.27.3-vs2.3.0.35.7.diff from the
Experimental directory on vserver.13floor.at on a server thats in
production, or do you have another patch in mind?

--
Regards,
Robert Davidson.