Subject: Re: vserver heartbeat
From: randall <randall@songshu.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:36:40 +0200

randall wrote:

> hi All,
>
> here's a first one to this list from my side,
> have been happily using Vserver on Debian Etch for the past year.
>
> the reason for subscribing to this list is because i'm having some
> difficulties, why else ;)
> mainly due to my lack of understanding probably and partially because
> the available documentation seems to be fairly scarce (xen seems to be
> preferred here) .
>
> what i would like to achieve is a fail over scenario with heartbeat-2
> and drbd8 on Etch
>
> the notes of my progress are here
> http://www.songshu.org/doku/doku.php?id=ha-hosting-setup
>
> the point i'm stuck is the heartbeat ocf agents, i understood from
> snippets on the web that there need to be some alterations to the
> standard available resources for DRBD and Filesystem to get it to work
> with Vserver but couldn't find a description of which ones.
>
> does anybody have a working setup or would recommend using DRBD7? if
> so any pointers would be appreciated.
>
> thanks anyway for reading this.
>

> Randall.

Hi again,

first of all thanks to all the earlier responses and i got a little
further, have changed the scenario a little and moved to Lenny since it
seems it will take some time anyway before this thing really gets into
production.
http://songshu.org/doku/doku.php?id=ha-hosting-setup-vserver

still having problems with my heartbeat though, and i must admit i find
it hard to grasp the logic.
Using a R1 style config i can get the failover of the disks to happen
and filesystems mounted but the Vserver start script does not seem to
happen, so i would have to vserver start manually, already very happy i
got this far.

The CRM style config seems to be preffered but i'm just getting a
split-brain trying to understand the .xml thingie.
Just like remembering the months between August and December i think i
have to live with the fact that i will never get this ;)

So the question is do people have more Vserver specific examples besides
http://linux-vserver.org/Fail-over, so i can do a little comparing to
get the logic of the whole thing?

Thanks for reading this anyway..

Randall.