Subject: Re: [vserver] vserver git server and misc. thoughts
From: Remigiusz Modrzejewski <lrem@sphere.pl>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 09:43:38 +0200

On Friday 15 of August 2008 23:40:33 Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> > Regardless, *no one* in the kernel will look at vserver patches if we
> > have it as a .diff or some tarball of patches. They work with their tool
> > (GIT atm) and want to be able to simply merge some of outside patches.
>
> you know that 99% of the patches submitted to LKML are
> diffs and they have to be inline so that everybody can
> look at them without any special tools?

To make matters funnier: GIT is not the only tool there. I believe that even
some subsystems maintainers use Mercurial. But those are supposed to be
interoperable.

But yes, most code when making first step into the kernel is just a plain
diff. Nevertheless giving that in a GIT-chewable repository just makes things
faster.

Kind regards,
Remigiusz 'lRem' Modrzejewski