Subject: Re: [vserver] Newbei's questions
From: Stephen Liu <satimis@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 23:50:49 +0800 (CST)

--- Martin <inkubus@interalpha.co.uk> wrote:

> The
> only other solution I can think of is that some of the commercial
> vendors may be able to sell you (at great cost) switching gear that
> can
> route on the basis of packet content.  This would likely be extreemly
> expensive and I suspect it wouldn't work very well for your needs.

Can vyatta help?

http://www.vyatta.com/

I learned this project for sometime.  Unfortunately I don't have time
testing it.

> If you want to run two or more, independant, web servers both on port
> 80, you will need more than one IP.

Actually what I want to achieve is;

Running mail server on Host OS
Running web server on Guest OS

I have SquirrelMail, the webmail, running on the mail server.  It needs
port 80.  However Apache also needs port 80.  I can't figure out how to
let them sharing port 80.  This is my problem.  If w/o a solution then
I must run both web and mail servers on the Host.

Others noted with thanks.

B.R.
satimis