Subject: linux-vserver, lxc and docker, +++
From: Tor Rune Skoglund <trs@swi.no>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 13:48:25 +0100

I came across this presentation embedded on this page:

http://bodenr.blogspot.no/2014/03/linux-containers-building-blocks.html

On page 31, there is an overview of various virtualization methods. What
is community views on the comments made on linux-vserver?

It is/was my impression that current linux-vserver "builds" on cgroups
and namespaces features from lxc in the standard kernel --- and also
that new lxc implementation gradually replace "custom" linux-vserver
implementations?

Reason for me asking, is that we are building a system based on
linux-vserver, and likes to have some confirmation that we have not
chosen the wrong technology. In that context, a "merge" of linux-vserver
into improving lxc tools in the very long run, is a very acceptable
roadmap for us.

- Tor Rune Skoglund, trs@swi.no