Subject: Re: [vserver] Getting a real pid 1 init in a container
From: Grzegorz Nosek <grzegorz.nosek@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 14:10:24 +0100

W dniu 20.03.2012 11:31, Grzegorz Nosek pisze:
> SIGCHLD isn't always missing as I have noticed when I misconfigured ssh
> and it kept restarting. So it might actually be an upstart bug but
> anyway, shouldn't the SIGCHLD of the dying rsyslogd get delivered to
> upstart? (BTW, I love that you can strace the container init)

Running some more straces, I see that direct children of upstart (e.g.
pre-start scripts) cause delivery of SIGCHLD when dying, so the problem
looks like upstart not acting like the reaper for container processes.

Given that I have seen the call to vx_set_reaper and it looked fine, any
further things I can check before putting a printk everywhere I can?

Best regards,
  Grzegorz Nosek