Subject: Problem with apache
From: Gerardi <gerardi@spirito.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:44:20 +0200

Hello,

we are running 2.6.31.3-vs2.3.0.36.17 with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU
920  @ 2.67GHz
and have a problem sending bigger POST requests to apache.

Smaller POSTs work fine (90K for example), larger ones (450K) don't, but
produce "400 Bad requests" answers, most often with just the text
"Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand."
and no single entry in any log file. Sometimes it says that a colon
in a request header is missing, but that rarely happens.

The client used to test this was Mozilla Firefox, without any firewall
or packet filter on either client or server side. Customer clients have
the same problem.
The machine runs masquerading for it's 9 vservers.

There are no hints in either kernel oder apache log files.

Is this a known problem?
Is it possible to fix this while staying with the 2.6.31 series?

Do you need more information? I am reluctant to do tcpdump / ethereal or
strace right now, but could do so tomorrow in the morning.

Regards, Uwe (for Martin)