Subject: Re: [vserver] ipv6
From: Chuck <chuck@sbbsnet.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:32:45 -0400

On Wednesday 23 June 2010, Nirmal Guhan wrote:
> Am not the final authority on this but hope you had a look at :
>
> http://linux-vserver.org/IPv6

so.. according to that i should not have to upgrade my kernels or util-vserver and only

recompile everything with ipv6 flag set and enable it specifically within the kernel

config and change  the ip configurations everywhere.
all hosts and vservers are compiled x86_64 (-ipv6) presently.

we are using below in all hosts:

2.6.32-vs2.3.0.36.28-gentoo

util-vserver-0.30.216_pre2883

> --Nirmal
>
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 7:11 PM, Chuck <chuck@sbbsnet.net> wrote:
> > is the ipv6 effort at a point where it can be practical and usable in a production
> > environment yet? my boss wants to switch over to it, and i dread what i may have
to do
> > get this usable with more than 100 vservers many with an average of 8 to 12 ip
addresses
> > each... presently every bit of code on the hosts and vservers was compiled with
the -
ipv6

--

Chuck