Subject: Re: [vserver] gentoo hardened/vserver
From: "Rik Bobbaers" <rik@enzoverder.be>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 12:44:59 +0100 (CET)

heya,

i don't know how the hardened gentoo stuff works (since i don't use
gentoo). but i do know that i created a patch for 2.6.31.5, with the
latest grsecurity/pax patch, but there are issues with e.g. kernexec,
which make the kernel unbootable. I contacted the pax team on this issue,
and "we" are working on it.
it's always a bit hard to give you the latest and greatest of both worlds
since grsec/pax is, as vserver under constant development.
Careful testing is advised before bringing it into a production environment

Greetzzz...

Rik Bobbaers

-- http://harry.enzoverder.be
linux/unix/system/network/security/hardware/DR admin