Subject: Re: [vserver] cannot create guest : chroot-sh: open("/etc/apt/sources.list"): No such file or directory
From: "yon ar c'hall" <yon.ar.chall@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:20:29 +0100
Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:20:29 +0100
Hello,

Problem(s) resolved !

Compiling issue : indeed, it sompiles better with the libnns3-dev package.
In fact, every steps for a VServer Debian install are described at
http://linux-vserver.org/Installation_on_Debian (shame on me).

Further, I was stuck in the debootstrap retrieving : "Could not find local
version of 'debootstrap'; downloading it from
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/debootstrap/debootstrap 1.0.15...".
I had to read the script /usr/lib/util-vserver/vserver-build.debootstrap to
understand the problem(s), in the function findDebootstrap :

1/ since the script uses wget and since I'm behind a htpp proxy, I set some
environment variables (see the wget man pages) : http_proxy, ftp_proxy,
proxy_user, proxy_password.

2/ as adviced in this function, I browsed the Debian mirror, and discovered
that there is no 1.0.15 debootstrap version (1.0.20 instead). So I set the
/etc/vservers/.defaults/apps/debootstrap/uri with the "adebootstrap 1.0.20
all.deb" uri.

As a conclusion, it's a long and winding road when you're behind a *!$#&%
proxy, and well, the fact that in this case, the script
vserver-build.debootstrap hangs around without displaying any message
doesn't help.

Anyway, now it works ! Thanks a lot to both of you, Herbert and Mark, and to
all the VServer developpers of course.

Cheers,
Yon