Subject: vmstat and vserver
From: "John A. Sullivan III" <jsullivan@opensourcedevel.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 14:57:26 -0400

Hello, all.  We are trying to run zimbra in a vserver.  We have almost
everything working but there are a few nasty problems remaining.  One of
them is the statistics collector which wants to run vmstat.  This fills
the error logs with messages about needing to mount /proc; I assume this
is because /proc/vmstat is not exposed to the vserver.

I would imagine the solution is to add /proc/vmstat to vprocunhide.  Are
there any caveats to doing that?

I was hoping to do this just for the one vserver but it looks like it's
an all or nothing approach.  What is the difference between making the
entry in /etc/vservers/.defaults/apps/vprocunhide
and /usr/lib64/util-vserver/defaults/vprocunhide-files?

Thanks - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation