Subject: Guest root passwords
From: "John A. Sullivan III" <jsullivan@opensourcedevel.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:11:19 -0500

Hello, all.  We are working on an environment where we may automatically
spawn many vserver guests.  We have historically modified each guess by
running pwconv and then setting the root password.  We are contemplating
running pwconv on these dynamic guests but not setting the root
password.  We would prefer there not to be root access and figure we can
always access them via the vserver host.

It appears not setting it disables root access other than via the host
but this is only our casual observation.  What really happens if we do
not set the root password upon guest creation? Thanks - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

http://www.spiritualoutreach.com