Subject: Re: [vserver] vserver heartbeat
From: randall <randall@songshu.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 10:03:53 +0200

Christian Balzer wrote:

> I am doing exactly that (w/o LVM), using the latest versions from
> backports for HB/DRBD/vServer on a hand rolled kernel.
>
> See my mail in the archives here for a needed fix of the drbddisk
> script when used with vservers here:
> http://list.linux-vserver.org/archive?mss:835:200803:cgehldioambmojimggpf
>
> How you start up the vservers very much depends on your scenario,
> we wrote a (very simple and in need of enhancement before I would dare
> thrust it upon the world) HB resource agent that fires up all vservers
> under heartbeat control. We use a common big drbd resource and filesystem
> for all guests (and their configs), other people seem to prefer one
> resource per guest.
>
> Regards,
>
> Christian

Hi again,

is this fix also needed when doing 1 drbd resource?
the oldwiki mentioned the following

"
You run more than one vServer guest and have more than one DRBD device
on your host system. You are now unable to unmount the drbd devices and
always get messages about "filesystem in use".
"

i am using it at the moment with 1 r0, and at least it does not harm in
anyway it appears, but the question is if it is needed.

have moved the oldwiki to the new wiki by the way, without your
adjustment  since i'm not 100% sure what it reads i wouldn't dare to.

http://wiki.linux-vserver.org/Advanced_DRBD_mount_issues