Subject:[Virengeprüft] Re: Problems with OpenSuSE 10.2 as guest
From: "Mr. WebLover" <mrweblover@attnet.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:40:40 +0200
Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:40:40 +0200
Hi Thomas,

thanks for your reply !

Thomas Weber schrieb:
> Am Dienstag, den 19.08.2008, 12:31 +0200 schrieb Mr. WebLover:
>
>> Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] schrieb:

> That's how it's supposed to be.
>

>>> try to use host:/etc/vservers/guest/fstab to mount sysfs
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> raoul
>>>

>> Hi raoul,
>>  i have this entry in the guest fstab, but it would not be mounted.
>> If i try to mount /sys manual like mount -t sysfs none /sys or mount
>> -t sysfs sysfs /sys
>> inside the guest a error comes up : permission denied ...
>>
>> Without /sys the network dosen't work ....
>>

> Did you actually read any documentation?

yes, i have read all doc's that i found. It's right, that is not the
best way to put all from /proc
oder /sys into a guest. My goal is simply at this time, to get an
opensuse 10.2 guest running ....
Then i can look, what security risks are nd how to fix them.
Ok, you say, all network configuration are outside. But, i become no lo
device up, in the guest.
Where can i find good informations for the network setup inside the guest ?
(to be configured outside over (etc/vserver/<guest>/....)

> You can't mount anything or configure your network inside the guest[*].
> That's all done outside the guest.
> For the networking stuff: just disable the parts (initscripts) where the
> guest tries to setup the interface. I don't have (or need) /sys mounted
> in my guests.

Du you use OpenSuse as a guest ?

best regards,
Torten