Subject: upgrade VServer breaks lsusb
From: "John A. Wallace" <jw72253@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 22:45:36 -0500
Fri, 10 Oct 2014 22:45:36 -0500
When I install Gentoo Linux-3.13.11-vserver-2.3.6.11 using the very same
kernel ".config" file used for linux-3.10.4-vserver-2.3.6.8, I can no longer
use lsusb, although it, lsusb, works just fine on the earlier one. I have
scratched my head bare trying to figure out what the problem is, but
trial-and-error and google have gotten me no closer to a solution. I am not
a developer, but I have found that with VServer-2.3.6.8 there is a
"/dev/bus/usb" getting created; but with VServer-2.3.6.11 there is no
"/dev/bus" created.

I am pretty much at a loss as to how I can troubleshoot this, but I am
willing to try up to a point, depending on time constraints. If someone has
any suggestions, I would sure like to hear them. Thanks.

upgrade VServer breaks lsusb