Subject: Vserver to OpenVZ migration
From: <DLASALLE@barreau.qc.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 15:50:15 +0000

["multipart/related" not shown] Wed, 9 Apr 2014 15:50:15 +0000

From: <DLASALLE@barreau.qc.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 15:50:15 +0000
Wed, 9 Apr 2014 15:50:15 +0000
Hi again,

Hopefully I am querying the right place as i'm attempting to migrate a VSERVER VPS to
OpenVZ.

OpenVZ stores it's disk quota alongside ifconfig informations under "/etc/vz/conf/$VEID.conf"

What is the equivalence in VSERVER?  I am aware that according to http://linux-vserver.org/Building
Guest Systems the ethernet informations are sometimes(or always?) passed via the vserver
command (Such as several examples taken from the previous URL show: vserver vserver1
build -m debootstrap --context<http://linux-vserver.org/Context> 42 --hostname vserver1.mydomain.com
--interface eth0:192.168.1.10/24 -- -d lenny -m http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian)

However when editing the /etc/network/interfaces off the VPS, it doesn't show anything.
 Same for setting the HD quota:  I have no clue where to set it up.  I can however live
w/out finding this information as the VPS does boot up correctly but remains unreachable
via SSH.

Thanks,
[cid:image001.gif@01CE6688.98AF8C30]

Daniel LaSalle | Administrateur de systèmes et support aux usager(e)s

T : 514 954-3400, poste 3674 | Sans frais : 1 800 361-8495

Maison du Barreau  |  445, boul. Saint-Laurent, Montréal QC  H2Y 3T8
dlasalle@barreau.qc.ca<mailto:dlasalle@barreau.qc.ca>  |  http://www.barreau.qc.ca<http://www.barreau.qc.ca/>

P Avant l'impression, pensez-y... Est-ce vraiment nécessaire?

What is the equivalence in VSERVER?  I am aware that according to http://linux-vserver.org/Building Guest Systems the ethernet informations are sometimes(or always?) passed via the vserver command (Such as several examples taken from the previous URL show: vserver vserver1 build -m debootstrap --context 42 --hostname vserver1.mydomain.com --interface eth0:192.168.1.10/24 -- -d lenny -m http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian)

However when editing the /etc/network/interfaces off the VPS, it doesn’t show anything.  Same for setting the HD quota:  I have no clue where to set it up.  I can however live w/out finding this information as the VPS does boot up correctly but remains unreachable via SSH.

Thanks,

cid:image001.gif@01CE6688.98AF8C30

Daniel LaSalle | Administrateur de systèmes et support aux usager(e)s

T : 514 954-3400, poste 3674 | Sans frais : 1 800 361-8495

Maison du Barreau  |  445, boul. Saint-Laurent, Montréal QC  H2Y 3T8
dlasalle@barreau.qc.ca  |  http://www.barreau.qc.ca

P Avant l'impression, pensez-y... Est-ce vraiment nécessaire?

["image/jpeg" not shown]