Subject: Re: [vserver] Kernel Thread's accounted to a User Context
From: Eric Keller <ekeller@Princeton.EDU>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 16:12:02 -0500

> This was something we discussed briefly at a VINI-meeting some time
> earlier this week (or was it last week?). If you want to consume tokens in
> kernel space, you'll probably have to call one of the functions in
> kernel/sched_hard.h.
>
> Now, for kernel threads, that shouldn't be necessary. I can see a
> potential bug in the kernel here, but I'd have to verify that. What kernel
> are you working with?

Daniel,

I'm using 2.6.19.  I've been trying to update to the latest, but the
problem with updating is I'm using Click and the latest patch they have
is for 2.6.19, there were a bunch of rejects when I just now patched
2.6.22.14 and I haven't been able to get click to compile yet - it
relies heavily on the kernel data structures.  So if you really think
the difference in kernels will make a difference, then I can keep trying
to get click to compile.

Are you at or visiting Princeton right now?  I know email addresses
don't show up in these messages, so it's not obvious, but I'm at
Princeton.   If you are local, could I stop by to chat?  My email is
ekeller@princeton.edu?

Eric