Subject: Re: [vserver] Possible Hashify Corruption
From: Gordan Bobic <gordan@bobich.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 21:55:36 +0100

On 10/18/2010 01:53 AM, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> putting superstition aside, can you recreate the issue?
> i.e. is there a script or procedure which reliably
> produces the 'corruption'?

I believe I have just successfully re-created this, and it seems to be
specifically related to hashify.

I have two VMs, call them vm1 and vm2. Their contents are fine. Run
hashify on them and reboot. All the binaries will be broken in the same way.

The content of the files seems to be downright random. e.g. in the
current instance, bash binary is zero-filled for the first few
screenfuls I bothered to look through, and /sbin/init contains what
looks like it might be a fragment of a RPM file. It is almost as if
hashifying points the blocks somewhere random, most likely unused blocks
since I haven't observed any file system level corruption or corruption
of files in the host.

I'll re-try it again in a bit, but so far it's been consistent.

Gordan