Subject: Treament of Cgroup filesystems by util-vserver
From: ben@bristolwireless.net
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:57:15 +0000
Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:57:15 +0000
Hi,

I've a suggestion for the way cgroup filesystems are handled in
util-vserver. I think that the different subsystems should be mounted
at different directories within /dev/cgroup. For example
/dev/cgroups/cpuset would be mounted with:

mount -t cgroup -o cpuset vserver /dev/cgroup/cpuset

and so on for the different subsystems:

mount -t cgroup -o cpu vserver /dev/cgroup/cpu
mount -t cgroup -o net cls vserver /dev/cgroup/net cls
mount -t cgroup -o devices vserver /dev/cgroup/devices

This approach appears as a suggestion within the kernel documentation
and would allow the most flexibility in terms of how admins would be
able to group seperate subsystems. For example, one may not want to
group net cls cgroups in the same way as cpusets cgroups. There is
already a method to specify which subsystems are mounted, by setting
/etc/vservers/.defaults/cgroups/subsys , which is most handy. IMHO it
would be better if those subsystem were mounted separately by
util-vserver.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
==