Subject: Re: [vserver] About Ubuntu Karmic Koala ...
From: "Dragan Saraginov" <dragan@saraginov.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 03:18:10 -0600 (CST)

Thanks Tom for your directions. I was able to solve the problem. I
followed your suggestions quoted below

> You can set the init style to plain for your 9.04 vserver and/or replace
> the upstart package with sysvinit. Restart the vserver and you should be
> able to finish the upgrade process BUT you will run into the upstart
> issue after that (in 9.10 there seems to be no sysvinit package to
> replace upstart anymore).

and I was able to upgrade my Ubuntu 9.04 powered VPS to Ubuntu 9.10
without any problem. The upgrade procedure went fine. After the upgrade
was done I deleted the 'style' file from the configuration. Next, rebooted
the VPS. As I can see now everything seems to be working like it should.
The only thing I did not do was replacement of the upstart package with
sysvinit, but as I said the upgrade went fine and my VPS is working like
it should.

Thanks for your help.

Dragan Saragin

believed to be clean.