Subject: Re: [vserver] patch for mmap_min_addr in stable version?
From:Jean-François Leroux <leroux.jeanfrancois@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 16:02:28 +0100

 Fri, 6 Nov 2009 16:02:28 +0100
It's about the security vulnerability about this value set to 0 or
empty, as stated in CVE-2009-3547.
Does the fact that mmap min addr was introduced in 2.6.23 mean that
stable vserver kernel is not vulnerable? Does it means guest virtual
machines, like Debian guests, aren't either?
And, since we're at it, is there any potential problem with applying a
patch for this in a vserver kernel?
Thanks for any info you may have about this, Herbert :)
Jean-François