Subject: Re: [vserver] which guest hit the memory limit?
From: Jeff Jansen <jeff.jansen@kkoncepts.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 09:32:29 +0800

Edward Capriolo <edlinuxguru@gmail.com> wrote on 2009-Jul-24:
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 7:02 AM, Herbert Poetzl<herbert@13thfloor.at> wrote:
>> yep, by checking the /proc/virtual/*/limits
>
> If you have cacti I do have limit graphs in my vserver graphing package.
>
> http://www.jointhegrid.com/vserver/
> http://www.jointhegrid.com/svn/vserver-cacti-jtg/trunk

A quick update to say "Thanks."  I saw in the logs that one of the vservers hit
the rss limit last night and

grep RSS /proc/virtual/*/limit

immediately showed me which one it was.  Then using Edward's cacti graphs I
could go back and "see" the memory usage over time for that vserver.

So a big "THANK YOU!" to everyone for the help.

Now that I've gotten on your good side with flattery ;-) does anyone know of a
way to reset the counters in /proc/virtual/<xid>/limits without rebooting the
virtual machine?

Jeff Jansen