Subject: strange network issues
From: Corin Langosch <corinl@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:52:30 +1300

Hi all,

I ran linux 2.6.22 with vserver 2.2.0.6 for quite a long time and
upgraded some days ago to

Kernel: 2.6.26-1-vserver-amd64
VS-API: 0x00020303
util-vserver: 0.30.216-pre2772; Dec 13 2008, 04:56:19

I notived that sometimes the interface of a vserver gets lost and
replaced by lo with "127.0.0.1/255.0.0.1". I don't know why this happens
but it's really fatal as the vserver isn't accessible anymore. When
stopping the vserver outputs "RTNETLINK answers: Cannot assign requested
address" but otherwise closes fine. After starting it again,
everything's fine again.

The vserver contains only one interface configured like this:
ls /etc/vservers/test/interfaces/0/:
dev   ip    mask

contents:
eth0:vs15746-0
235.231.51.92
255.255.255.224

I also noticed that the server now always show a "lo" interface,
although none is configured. Has this changed from 2.2.0.6?

Is this a know issue with the release I'm using? Anyone faced the same
weierd problem and found a solution? May be the solution is to always
define a "lo" interface too (is this a new requirement?)?

Thanks,
Corin