Subject: Re: [vserver] Problem binfmt.
From: Marcello Henrique <faraohh@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 20:42:24 -0300
Wed, 18 Feb 2009 20:42:24 -0300
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 20:25, Michael S. Zick <mszick@morethan.org> wrote:

> On Wed February 18 2009, Marcello Henrique wrote:
> > # uname -a
> > Linux next 2.6.26-1-vserver-amd64 #1 SMP Sat Jan 10 19:46:42 UTC 2009
> x86 64
> > GNU/Linux
> >
> > # ls -l /proc/sys/fs/binfmt misc
> >

> If you can list it, it is already mounted.
> - - Unless something changed, binfmt misc/register and binfmt misc/status
> do not exist until the mount succeeds. - -
>
> Have you tried any of these things? They should already be registered.

I mount/umount in host but not work in guest as in logs.

> total 0
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Fev 18 18:59 asmassembly
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Fev 18 18:59 ccompile
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Fev 18 18:59 cxxcompile
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Fev 18 18:59 fcompile
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Fev 18 18:59 gcjcompile
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Fev 18 18:59 pcompile
> > --w------- 1 root root 0 Fev 18 18:59 register
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Fev 18 19:01 status
> >

> > I try in the host, then:
> >
> > # vserver dekiwiki start
> > Starting enhanced syslogd: rsyslogd.
> > Starting MySQL database server: mysqld.
> > Checking for corrupt, not cleanly closed and upgrade needing tables..
> > Starting MindTouch Deki API: mindtouch.host.exe.
> > Starting MTA: exim4.
> > Enabling additional executable binary formats: binfmt-supportmount:
> > permission denied
> > update-binfmts: warning: Couldn't mount the binfmt misc filesystem on
> > /proc/sys/fs/binfmt misc.
> >

> The 'vserver ...' command is starting the guest, and guests can't
> insert kernel modules, sorry - but that is one of the purposes of VServer.
>
> But since you can list those things in the host, they are already
> registered.
> Try them, they should be working (in any context, host or guest) -
> Then just kill off the update-binfmts in your guest.
>
> Mike

I tried, see below:

dekiwiki# update-binfmts --enable
mount: permission denied
update-binfmts: warning: Couldn't mount the binfmt misc filesystem on
/proc/sys/fs/binfmt misc

dekiwiki# /etc/init.d/binfmt-support restart
Disabling additional executable binary formats: binfmt-supportumount:
/proc/sys/fs/binfmt misc: not mounted
update-binfmts: warning: Couldn't unmount the binfmt misc filesystem from
/proc/sys/fs/binfmt misc.
.
Enabling additional executable binary formats: binfmt-supportmount:
permission denied
update-binfmts: warning: Couldn't mount the binfmt misc filesystem on
/proc/sys/fs/binfmt misc.

Thanks for your help.
--
Marcello Henrique