Subject: [Q] HOWTO copy /etc/vserver
From: "Roderick A. Anderson" <raanders@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:43:06 -0800

I have an odd (hardware-wise) system this is giving me problems.

The main OS is on an IDE drive and /vservers is on a LVM built of SATA
drives.

The IDE drive is having some problems.  I'm going to replace it.

Most of the guests (the important ones anyway) are still accessible via
ssh but the host isn't.  I will have to go to the colo to access the host.

What I'd like to do is make a copy of the /etc/vservers directory,
possibly while the guests are running.  Since there several links
created when a guest is started I have concerns about just doing a
tarball of the directory.

Any suggestions, thoughts, or ideas on this?

Thanks,
Rod