Subject: vserver + virtual interfaces
From: "Tomás de Barros Correia" <tomasbc@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 17:33:44 -0300
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 17:33:44 -0300
 Hi all,

I'd like to create about 5 virtual machines wich one with real IPs on my
machine (with just one physical network interface - eth0). I've tried to
create 5 virtual network interfaces (eth0:0, eth0:1 ...) and the file
/etc/network/interfaces looks like:
# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# physical interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

# virtual interface etho0:0
auto eth0:0
iface eth0:0 inet manual

So, I set manually my configuration (IP, network and device) in my virtual
machine (/etc/vserver/mymachine/interfaces/0/*). When I started my virtual
machine, it assumes the correct IP but the command ifconfig -a on my VM
shows me eth0 instead eth0:0.
The problem is: all my configuration (host and VMs) is just ignored and all
the differents IPs currently used by my VMs just points the host machine,
showing me the host machine shell.
There's something wrong or something missing in my configuration an I would
like to know the way to do it (tutorial, how to, articles etc).
Can anybody help me?
Thanks in advance!