Subject: Install VServer on Scientific Linux
From: Rafael Silva <rafael@lsd.ufcg.edu.br>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:38:26 -0300

Hi,

I"m trying to install the VServer on a Scientific Linux 4.6
distribution. My kernel is:

2.6.9-67.0.4.ELsmp

I followed the steps in
"http://linux-vserver.org/Installation_on_Linux_2.6", and I tried to
recompile the followings kernel with the VServer Patch:

2.6.22.19
2.6.21.7
2.6.19.7
2.6.16.52
2.6.17.13

The kernels compiled succesfully, I copied the bzImage and System.map to
my /boot, created the "initrd" file and edited my Grub configuration file.
But when I reboot the system and try to initialize with the VServer, It
did not work! The Grub load the kernel and the image but stay locked in
the booting screen, and all the machine is locked too!

Does anyone know what is happening? Is there another way to install
VServer on Scientific Linux?

Thanks in advance,

--
Rafael Silva