Subject: Re: [vserver] Stable Linux-VServer Release
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:47:30 +0200

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 03:36:10PM +0200, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> There have been numerous 'requests' for a new Stable
> release and it seems like the Linux-VServer community
> is willing to 'sponsor' the stabilization process ...

[zapped]

> thus the first thing is to select a kernel we want
> to stabilize for a stable release ...

> options IMHO are:

>  - 2.6.32.x (has performance issues, but is long term)
>  - 2.6.38.x (good performance, not longterm yet)
>  - 3.0.x    (immature, but the future)

I'm surprised how much feedback we already got,
considering that it is the weekend ...

here the updated status so far:

                        .32.x  .38.x  3.0.x  Other     $$$ Payed
Tor Rune Skoglund         -      -      X      -
Gordan Bobic              -      X      X      -
John A. Sullivan III      -      -      X      -
Roman Vesely              X      -      -      -       500 USD *
Nikolay Kichukov          X      -      -      -
Michael Auckland          -      -      X      -
Mr Jarry                  -      -      -      X
Corey Wright              -      -      -      X       100 USD
Sandino Araico Sánchez    X      -      -      -       200 USD *
Romain Riviere            -      X      X      -
Adrian Reyer              X      X      -      -       800 EUR
Lukasz Czarnowski         X      -      -      -       100 USD *
Ed W                      -      -      X      -       500 USD
Benedikt Böhm             -      -      X      -       100 EUR
JF Straeten               -      -      X      -       250 EUR
Oliver Welter             -      X      X      -       250 EUR
count/weight            5/956  4/525  9/823  2/69      556/2374

(the weight is the sum of the distributed money in EUR)