Subject: Systemd and EL7
From: Gordan Bobic <gordan@bobich.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 20:30:37 +0000

Has anyone managed to get VServer running properly on EL7 or any other
systemd based distribution?

All major distributions have, to my huge disappointment, moved to
systemd .I am not a fan, but this terrible decision on part of all major
distribution maintainers seems to be here to stay for at least the
foreseeable future of the current long-term release cycle. Consequently,
if VServer cannot be made to work with systemd based guests, the only
option is to abandon systemd for a different similar solution (LXC or
OpenVZ). I would prefer to not have to do this, but I don't see any
other options. My current system is reaching it's EOL, and when I build
it's replacement I will be doing so using EL7.

Is there a way to make a systemd based guest work inside a VServer chroot?

Gordan