Subject: Moving from Linux-Vserver questions
From: Roderick Anderson <raanders42@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 10:10:39 -0700

I've been a Linux-Vserver user since Jacques introduced me to it a long
time ago.  About the time he was getting Linuxconf going.

I support a small local ISP that uses Linux-Vservers.  The hardware is a
getting a little long in the tooth so they bought some newer servers and
want me to migrate to them.
    Problem is I'm getting a little long in the tooth myself and want to
move away from the computer support game.  So I went looking for a
different solution for the migration because I think I am the only
person in the Inland Northwest (USA) that uses/supports Linux-Vservers
and they will probably need some support down the road.

I suggested to them and we settled on OpenVZ.  They can moved to a
supported version, Virtuozzo, if/when they need it.

So to the questions.

1. Anyone on the list using OpenVZ along side Linux-Vserver? (Off list
reply if you prefer.)

2. Is there anyway to move/copy existing LV guests to OpenVZ?

I'm going to miss using LV but I need to provide them with some Logging
Truck Insurance (in the city it's called Bus Insurance).  You know in
case I get hit by a logging truck or bus. :-)

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Rod