Subject: one-liner /etc/apt/sources.list in guest?
From: "Jeffrey 'jf' Lim" <jfs.world@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 00:51:16 +0800

hi guys, this may sound weird, but is there like a recommended
"sources.list" for an ubuntu hardy guest? (would it be the same as a
normal hardy system?)

I've followed the instructions as per wiki
(http://linux-vserver.org/Installing_Ubuntu_Hoary_as_guest) to set up
a hardy guest, and ended up with a one-liner /etc/apt/sources.list -
which has apparently given me some problems with regards to installing
stuff in the guest (like 'E: Couldn't find package blabla'). Is
editting sources.list the way to go after you build a guest? I would
imagine that if this were all I would get in the file that there would
surely be some note somewhere about editting the file after setting up
the guest. Don't see it anywhere though - tried googling, but havent
found anything.

I know that there's a list of distributions in
/usr/local/etc/vservers/.distributions/, but of course, neither debian
nor ubuntu is in there. My install is from pristine source - kernel +
vs2.2.0.7

thanks,
-jf

--
In the meantime, here is your PSA:
"It's so hard to write a graphics driver that open-sourcing it would not help."